Monday, August 28, 2006

The day is short and the work is long...

The day is short, and the work is great,
and the laborers are lazy, and the reward
is great, and the Master of the house is
impatient. - Ethics Of The Fathers Ch. 2

I had an first thing in the morning meeting with a prospect yesterday, so I missed my big ride. After some navel-gazing, I decided to stay with the plan, so I did my regular 1 hour ride from Modiin thru Ben Shemen forest up the hill towards Neot Kdumim. It's pleasant and not challenging, mostly white trails and suitable for interval training.

I'm signed up for the road ride, but I'm training off-road. People tell me it's good and bad - good for stamina but bad because you cant do focussed interval and hill-climbing training. After a lot of shopping around, I found a second-hand, almost brand-new Merida 904 road bike for a price that won't (I hope...) get me divorced, I'm supposed to get it tomorrow, the LBS is gonna put on SPD clipless pedals that will fit my MTB shoes and a compact crank with a 50/34 gear ratio that should help out with climbing. Stay posted!

No comments: